Sunday, December 17, 2006

year 2006..

I'm not a fan of doing New Year's resolution, because I'm not the kind of person to follow my resolution - I prefer to go with the flow :) It's mid-December already, and before we know it, it'll be 2007, then 2008, then 2009....and then you'll find yourself surrounded with a husband, then a kid, then 2 kids, followed by 3, then you find yourself staring in the mirror in disbelief as you try to count the number of grays on your head.

But, let's not go down that track now...Instead, let's have a look at what we have achieved in 2006. Personally, this year hasn't been easy for me, but it has made me grow up so much more and be the person that I am today. I've stepped out of my comfort zone so many times this year, and I'm actually quite proud of myself for standing where I am today.

So, let's take a look at my achievement list for 2006:

What have I achieved this year?

>> I travelled to another country without my parents
>> Visited 2 countries I’ve never been to – Cambodia & Brunei
>> Saved up enough money to go on a holiday
>> Lived away from family and be independent
>> Learned how to make jewellery
>> Started a small scale business on TradeMe
>> Found God once again and have grown a lot spiritually
>> Put myself back on my feet after going through a hard time (couldn’t have done it without my friends though..)
>> Got a new job in a totally new environment
>> Achieved 16 NZQA units/ credits
>> Got a First Aid certificate
>> Got a National Lifeguard Award
>> Am a certified Assistant Swim Teacher
>> Met A LOT of new friends

2006, right up until now, has been a remarkable year, filled with lots of tears and laughter – I was forced to grow up quickly and to be more mature when handling things but by growing up, I've learned a lot and that is probably how I am the person I am today. With everything that I've been through this year, I am a living testimony to how miraculous God is and how important it is to have family and friends around you. My family, especially my mum, has helped me through a lot this year, and my friends were there to support me through my ups and downs. Thank you so much dahlings!

Having to go through 2 months of disappointment, hurt, betrayal and all that, I think I’m a wiser person now. Being upset for 2 months is not the best feeling, but I’m happy with where I am now. Everything happened for a reason, and if the break up did not happen, I’ll still be the same old person I was few months back. Nothing interesting and my whole life revolved around him. Not good, right?

Now that it’s all over, my life revolves around a lot of NEW things, though for now, it seems to revolve around the swimming pools. I’m loving my current job, I love the way I’m living my life, I love the people I hang around with (both work mates and friends), and I love how I’m growing spiritually! None of this would be happening, if God didn’t pull me away from that prick.

Needless to say, 2006 is the year I’ve mature the most and finally found my grounds =)

ps: feel free to add to the list of my achievements if you can come up with any!

2 comments:

Peter said...

Interesting self-reflection there. By the way, since I haven't seen you for eons, just thought I'd mention I deleted my secondary blog and merged it into the main one. So if you're still interested in such things, it's ptrmb only.

Amy C said...

yeah. i visited ptrb the other day, but it said it's been deleted.

 
eXTReMe Tracker