Wednesday, March 21, 2007

what a day!

i had quite a nice day today :) i took the day off uni again, because well, i dont think i can actually concentrate in class while coughing ever minute or so, and it was also a real pain in the bottom trying to hold back my cough in class just so i dont distract the other people. so yes, a day to rest for me, which was much needed.

i started the day by taking a short trip to the spa & steam at work - that worked wonders. i wore my glasses because i dont like how my contact lenses gets all dry when i'm in the steam, but the annoying thing was, my glasses kept fogging up when i was done -.-" but it was all worth it! my nose is clear (no more blocked nose!) and my cough is somewhat better. i think breathing in all the steam for a good 5 minutes did the trick, and soaking myself in 39.7C water for 15mins definately helped!

so after that nice relaxing soak, i put my clothes back on (..not that i was skinny dipping before!) and went to look for my darling team leader. he got me my shoes (SO prettttyyy!) and we started chatting at the reception for a while. the whole time, i kept taking my glasses off and putting them back on coz they kept fogging. then i said "gah! my glasses keep fogging up!" to which he replied "that's coz you're standing next to me!" which i then said "ha ha ha...very funny....ha..."

but lame jokes aside, he signed me off to have saturday off (yes! GDO '07 here we come!!) and i'll be doing the 6 hours shift on sunday, which is pretty good i suppose~ at least i'll have more than half the weekend off, and i still get to do everything i want to do, mainly GDO and church...still thinking about the foam party, but i'm leaning towards a "no". i do not fancy getting wet and feelig icky for half the night. what with my cough, i really dont think so...

okay, back to talking about my day. i notice that i'm really good at side tracking......i picked stefan up at 12, and we lunched at daikoku (thanks for lunch stefan!), which was super yummy! then we headed to noel leeming for me to redeem my webcam and we went to say hi to logie&mike at harvey norman. we stayed at harvey for a while, looking at all these cool&nerdy gadgets and then we left.

i drove to bucklands beach and pulled up beside this one car parked on the wharf because we thought there were some action going on...turned out there was this middle aged guy, looking very sad and he was all by himself. he left not long after we arrived, probably because we looked too happy for him or maybe we disrupted his thoughts -.-"

then it got too hot, so we drove away and took a short drive along eastern beach and then came to my place, where stefan helped me with my ethernet fixing problem. it's all sorted, but now i have to work out how to set up a network for both modems to work together. anyone know how? please? lunch on me if you help me fix it!

after fixing that, we went for bubble tea at rio then i dropped him off at work. it's really funny how everyime, after hanging out with a friend whom i haven't seen or talked for a long time, i get this melancholic kinda feeling, and i get reminded so much of the time when i first arrived in nz. the difficulties settling down, the fear of not having any friends and all the cultural differences. then i'll be swimming in my memories of high school, and the funny thing is, everytime i see andre at work, i get reminded of high school times. and i think i give the same effect to him as well, because everytime we get the chance to talk at work or during our breaks, we'll be talking about high school.

very interesting indeed...

oh, how i miss those days!

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker