Wednesday, January 31, 2007

it's amazing what a short prayer can do sometimes :)

i took the time to say a short prayer today, while driving to work. i prayed that work will be an interesting day, and that time will just zoom by quickly and i also prayed that it will not be too hot inside, so that my sunburn will not hurt.

and guess what?

...all my prayers were answered, and God even threw in a few extras.

for a start, the first 2 hours of my shift just went by SO quickly, i thought i've only been on duty for 30 minutes! then the rest of the time just went by, and before i knew it, only Ginga and myself were in the facility! that means HOME TIME!

work was interesting today because i met a lot of nice people, who were really understanding. take this guy for example, who was swimming in the medium lane, but was swimming quite slowly. i put on a nice smile and approached him, explained what's going on, and he said "not a problem at all! thanks for telling me!!" and proceeded to move to the slow lane :)

then later in the evening, Ginga said "oh we've got to clean the chrome bars" and that means removing rust from the bars, which i've done on saturday, but didn't do a good job (yikes!). i told Ginga "i'm NOT doing that! i've done it on saturday and it's HELL-ish!" then he said "alright. you can tidy the office instead!" and i flashed him a smile and trodded happily into the office and started tidying.

then he came in to the office and i went "TADDAAAA! look! i cleaned and pretty-fied your workspace! now, dont you dare mess it up again..or elseeeeeee.....!!!" and he said "MY STUFF!!! WHERE'RE ALL MY STUFFFFFF??????? AMYYYYYYYyyyyy..." in his scottish accent. so funnyyy!

LOL. i told him to look in the bin for his stuff. *rofl*

then after tidying up, i went to poolside to watch the pools, and this man who comes in to swim everyday waved me down and said "excuse me! were you at parachute?" and i said yes! then he said "i thought i saw you!" LOL. kinda interesting how people recognises me when i'm out of work. but of course, i haven't got a trail of fans like Jacques do! LOL!!!! everywhere we went during Parachute, Jacques was bound to bump into someone he knew either from work or somewhere. tsk tsk!

oh yah, sometime during the evening, Ginga said "you'll most likely get the PT job. Gaz likes you a lot, for some reason". LOL. and i thought my manager didn't really like me..but it's all good :) now i'm thinking whether to continue with my job or not. but i'll just apply and see how it goes :) then, Ginga went away to get me something, and came back saying "see! i'm so clever! i knew who would be getting the seasonal positions even before Gaz told me! you, peter and brendan!"

-.-"

apparently, a few others applied too, but only us 3 got it. heee, i feel special :D no seriously, i've been such a big failure at applying for jobs, but then this time, Gaz let me through, which is just awesome! hehe, and not only that, he supposedly likes me :) why, he likes me coz i'm such a hardworking staff!! *blushes*

anyway, it's late, and my sunburn's killing me, so i'm gonna go rub cucumber all over my sunburn now, and then head off to bed.

nite ya'll!

1 comment:

Peter said...

Prayer always pays off! :)

 
eXTReMe Tracker