Monday, August 04, 2008

before i say anything else, i need to say this:

everything's sorted now. sorry i got some of you worried!! but it's all gooood now :)

--

i have self-diagnosed myself with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). my stomach's been rumbling like mad, even after a meal, and when it rumbles, it feels like i'm letting off a huge fart, but i really am not! it's been pretty bad in the last few weeks, but the last few days got me really concerned with my health!

so i hopped onto trusty google yesterday while at work, and looked up my symptoms. turned out that it was IBS, as what was diagnosed to me a while ago by my doctor, but the symptoms are completely different now. i can pretty much tick off all the symptoms on the list, except for constipation. that, is one thing i do not suffer from! phew!

from what i've read, peppermint tea helps to soothe the stomach. so after work, i dashed to foodtown to get a packet of peppermint tea, and had it before and after my dinner. if anything, it made my stomach feel worse, but i dont think it worked coz my stomach's been bad since earlier in the day anyway. i brought along a small packet of peppermint tea with me today, hopefully it'll work its charm. i mean, it's not the best tasting tea ever. it tastes like toothpaste stirred into your earl gray tea. but if it'll work, then i wouldnt mind!

another way to help reduce the problems of IBS is to eat smaller portions of meals. now, that i am very keen to try, because it's also healthy! so today, i packed my brekkie to have at work - soy milk with oats, and sugar. it was meant to be brown sugar, but i couldnt find any, so yeah..

hopefully all will be good today and the stupid rumblings will stop. rumblings and other stuff that i wont even go into, because it's gross!

i need to go toilet now. :x

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker