Monday, December 03, 2007

yay for fun!

i had the awesomest yesterday and today

:D

yesterday was spent being lazy and munching on junk at the beach. we were meant to head to mission bay but the weather was crap so i bailed to eastern beach instead. the sun wasn't up, but at least it wasn't raining. after reading and listening to some songs there, i packed everything up with my sister and her friend, went home to get one of my guinea pigs and we were out again. this time, with an ice block each. went back to the same spot and resumed what i was doing, with my guinea pig munching on grass happily beside us.

in the evening, i went for work 'training'. we have lifeguarding and first aid training every first week of the month but yesterday was very different! we had a brief meeting to point out who are the lazy buggers at work, then we all got changed and filled this pool inflatable with air. it's called an AQUARUN and it looks something like that:

image courtesy of: http://www.aflextechnology.com/pool-inflatables-af.php

except the one we had was way harder than this. we have one that looks exactly the same but we usually take that out for kids under 14. the one we had yesterday was mean as!

the boys were SO rough! i was standing on poolside laughing my head off at how silly the boys were and suddenly, Abhi got me soaked with the hose and i was still fully clothed! so i went off to the bench to sit, and Darryl and Brendan grabbed my legs and hands and flung me onto the AQUARUN >:(

so i just sat there not moving and everyone started cracking up and hosing me with super cold water so i had to run away! just as i was running away, Abhi the fatty came and squash me and i got stuck under him! then Brendan came to squash Abhi and poor me was squashed under 2 guys. Darryl apparently came to rescue me, but it was too late coz i wriggled myself free (ah, the joy of being tiny!) and someone pushed me off into the water. and Brendan jumped in right above me and i got squashed and pushed 1.8m down the pool!

-_________-

it was really cool even though the boys were so rough. everyone went home with a form of injury - i have a scratch in my knee, Darryl had this massive finger mark on this upper arm, Brendan was limping at the end of it, James' toe nail got ripped off by the stitching on the aquarun (ouch!) and the list goes on and on!

what a fun night...and the best part it, everyone who attended got paid :D

--

today was another fun day! tina, stefan and myself went to waiwera and it was mean! the slides were pretty empty and the pools had just the right number of kids. if there were too many kids at one point, we could just bail to this other "adults only" pool! hehe!

went on almost all the slides except for one which was closed the whole time we were there.

the weather was perfect coz none of us got brown even though we were out for about 4 hours!

it was just super fun!

next event: strawberry picking. anyone interested?

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker